This is the very first question that every freelancer should ask him or herself. It is the most important thing to know before you start freelancing and opt it as a career. Freelancing is a wide industry with plenty of opportunities for people with different skills and expertise. However, there is always a chance that every person has a different reason to do freelancing.
When I first started freelancing, I did it out of boredom or maybe because I was not enjoying my job much. I wanted an escape plan and freelancing was the roadmap. So, I opted it as a leisure activity but later it turned out to be my biggest source of survival.
This might happen to many of you as well. You might not be very clear about your goal, but you must be having some kind of motivation behind. We all do, but it becomes difficult to identify until someone brings it out. So here I would give you the possible reasons for which you think you want to adopt freelancing.
- Is it Money? Most of the newbie freelancers enter this industry for the sake of earning money. For that matter, they adopt various ways to earn money online. It can be any means whether legit or not because their sole purpose is to earn for which they can go an extra mile.
- Earn money as a Professional- There are many people who have the right purpose of making money online but utilizing their professional skills. If you believe have expertise in a particular field that can help you out in freelancing career, then you must work towards this goal.
- Reliance on Information- Freelancing is a great source of information on anything. You can get updates related to you field; make connections with professionals from the relevant industry and also diversify your expertise and skills based on that knowledge.
This goal is especially feasible for students who want to spend their leisure time in some constructive activity. Other than that it can be a great option for any non-working lady who wants to spend her free time in something productive.
- Part Time Job- Those who want to earn extra income apart from their day job can easily do freelancing. It is a flexible and appropriate way to earn money online without incurring much expense.
- Passionate for it- There are some people who do freelance just because they are passionate for it. They want to enjoy their work and freelancing gives them the freedom to work according to their requirements and preferences.
- Freelancing as a Career- If you believe in your expertise and you think you can easily rely on freelancing as a sole source of income, you won’t find anything more satisfactory than this.
- Networking- Many professionals want to maintain their social network by keeping in touch with industry professionals. Freelancing helps them enhance their goal of network building across borders and keep them in touch with the latest updates.
While you start your freelancing career, pick one of these goals for you and set on the right track accordingly.